Picking the best African violet planter pots seems straightforward. But in reality, it’s the opposite. You’ll need to consider size, material, color, and functionality.
Gardeners with hands-on experience may pick the right plastic pot. But the best thing is, we’ve simplified things for such Gardeners.
So, in this guide, we’ll help you pick suitable pots for African violets. Onto to it, here are the best planter pots for African violet plants.
Best African Violet Pots
- Mkono Plastic Self-Watering Pots – Best Overall African Violet Flower Pot
- Azalea Plastic Nursery Pots – Best Azalea Pots for African Violets
- T4U 7.5 Inch Pot Set –Best Lightweight and Sturdy
- T4U 6 Inch Plastic Pots – Best Multi-Purpose African Violets Pot
- MyGift White Ceramic Pots – Best Small African violets Pot
- Window Garden Aquaphoric Planter Pot – Best for water-loving plants
- FENGZHITAO Self-Watering Planter Pot – Best for starter plants
- Vanavazon A707 Self-Watering Planter Pot–Best Transparent Bottom Design
- DeEFL CY181 Self-Watering Pot – Best Large African violet Pot
- African Violet Ceramic Pot–Best Absorbent Dolomite
- Self-Watering Pots – Best Stylish Violet Plant Pot
- Self-Watering Planters for Indoor Plants–Best High-Quality Polypropylene
- DecoPots 3 Pack Self-Watering Planters-Best UV-Stabilized
Best Pot for African Violet Reviews
1. Best overall african violet flower pots: Mkono Plastic Self-Watering Pots
- Self watering planter ensures the plants take enough water they need for days, and you don't have to water frequently. Up to 10 days or more of watering per fill. This clever wick pots can help you to care your plants when you go outside a couple days or on business.
- The decoractive plant pot is made of quality PP plastic material, light weight but very durable for indoor or outdoor use. Perfect for displaying African violets, herbs, golden devil's ivy, ocean spider plants, etc. No plant includes in this item!
- The beautiful shape with classic black and white match maked them suitable for home or office decoration. Set on any table, counter, or desk to bring natural beauty to your living place. It is a great gift for your friends who love planting.
- Thanks to the double-layer design that allows excess water to be stored in the bottom of this planter pot and provided to your plant with wick rope. Please do not exceed the inner basket with a water level under 0.4 Inch when watering, it will cause plant death of waterlogging otherwise.
- Size M: Inner basket diameter 3.9". Open diameter 5.2". Inner depth 3.2" . height 5.4". Mkono is a registered trademark and our product is professional manufacturing and sole selling.
This African violet pot suits Gardeners planning to improve their water monitoring systems. So, if you’re still sticking to plastic self-watering pots, then pick these white pots.
They come in three size options, and you can use them for different plant varieties. Moreover, they’re self-watering, and they’ve got an inner pot and an outer pot. So, when you’re away, these planter pots can still water your plants. Therefore the planter pots prevent root rot.
Also, this Mkono doubles up as a flower pot. So, It isn’t meant for growing African violets only.
Again, they’ve got an outer shell that holds moisture which they dispense later on to your plants. These planter pots water your African Violet plants for ten straight days. For them to do that, you should fill their outer shell.
On the same, this planter pot has a Wick rope. This wick rope helps dispense moisture slowly rather than all at once. The pots are also perfect for outdoor or indoor use. Therefore, they perform well no matter the plants’ location.
- They are portable and lightweight
- They’re ideal for outdoor or indoor use.
- They’ve got a self-watering design.
- One order comes with three pots, something remarkable for such a price point
- They blend with different decors, and they’re visually appealing too.
- They’re maintenance-free, so cleaning them is straightforward.
- The large pot’s white bottom is too high. Water (32 oz) fits in it, making it somewhat unstable.
- They can’t house 8-10 inches or more plants.
2. Best Azalea Pots for African Violets: Azalea Plastic Nursery Pots
- Quantity : 13 pots
- 8 Drain wholes
- Pot dimensions : 8 Inch Round At the Top and 5.6 Inch Deep
- Color : Green
- These pots are used by nurseries
These Azalea 8-inch African violet pots are suitable for outdoor and indoor use. Moreover, plastic nursery pots are also for use in professional nurseries too.
Also, you can clean these African violet pots between use. That allows one to use the pots again and again when need be. Further, you can save some strife over time since they’re convenient.
At this African violet pot’s diameter, they measure eight inches across. And for the depth, these pots are 5.6 inches deep.
Elsewhere, these pots offer extra protection for your African violet plants. They do so since they never disintegrate into large soil areas. Also, that’s doable since they’re nursery pots too.
These African violet planter pots have about eight drainage holes at the bottom. The drain holes help you control moisture management better, unlike before.
In short, better water management means you’ll produce beautiful blooms.
- These pots look durable and sturdy.
- They’re perfect pots for different snake plant species.
- They’re solid and reusable.
- These pots are of greenhouse quality.
- They can house tall or large-sized African violet plants.
- Their bottoms are thin and can squash easily.
3. Best Multi-Purpose African Violets Pot: T4U 7.5 Inch Self-Watering Planter Pot Set
- SELF WATERING PLANTER - The design of deep reservoir is excellent. Hollow legs reach down into the reservoir to allow the soil itself to draw moisture while keeping its delicate root system from being constantly flooded. When you go outside a couple days or on business, the clever self watering planter can help you to care your plants.
- CONVENIENT IRRIGATION DESIGN - Includes self watering insert and drainage hole on side. Water can go in through the side small holes and will be stored in the reservoir where the plants will automatically absorb moisture and nutrients.
- IMPRESSIVE GARDENING GIFT - Scientific design combined with classic color makes it great for displaying your favorite plants. It fits well with indoor or outdoor setting, which can be used an ideal gift for your friends or neighbors who love gardening.
- SUITABLE for INDOOR DECORATION – The self watering planter pot with your lovely plants is perfect to be set on any table, counter or indoor floor to bring natural beauty to your home or office.
- PRODUCT DETAILS- Pack of 4, Size: 7.5" Diameter x 6" Height; Note: Plants Not Included, only for demonstration purpose.
As their names suggest, these T4U African violet self-watering pots self-water your plants. Also, they’ve got a deep water reservoir under the main port. This reservoir is where the water stays.
Moreover, it lets your soil take up the water it needs naturally. But the pots never force your soil to absorb excess moisture. Thus, they prevent your African violet plant’s root system from flooding.
Further, these pots have cutouts that let you fill the moisture reservoir. Fortunately, you can fill the water without lifting the planter’s main pot.
With their self-watering systems, constant plant watering will be something of the past. Rather, watering the African violet plants would be done once/twice a week. But that depends on the African violet’s water needs.
This package includes four different self-watering planter pots. All of which have 7.5-inch diameters and 6-inch heights.
- These planter pots can turn your brown thumbs into green ones.
- These planter pots make the prevention of over/under watering super straightforward.
- They’re best for Gardeners looking for a specific solution for maintaining healthy plants
- They’re somewhat sturdy, but their bases aren’t. So, their bases fall off when picking them up.
4. Best Inner Compartment: T4U 6 Inch Plastic Pots
- Self Watering Planter - You don't need to water your plants every day but just 1-2 time per week, effectively save your precious time.
- Plant pots made with light weight resin material, with internal drainage reservoir to hold water.
- Plant's Favourite - Keeps plants healthy by suppling constant moisture and preventing nutrients loss common to traditional planters.
- Impressive Gardening Gifts - Classive color with simple design, great for displaying most plants and matching most home decorative styles well.
- Pack of 6, Dimension: 6" Diameter x 5" Height; Note: **Plants for demonstration purpose only, Not included.** 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE. We are so confident in our products and services that we back them with a full 60 day money back guarantee. Your satisfaction is guaranteed!
Here’s another self-watering planter pot from T4U. It’s a perfect choice for indoor African violet plants. Also, these pots have a classic white look. Thus, they fit into all decor schemes without breaking a sweat.
All these planter pots are made of lightweight resin. This resing makes them durable and robust even without them being extra bulky.
They come in sick packs, allowing one to pot different African violets. Also, each package has a 6-inch diameter and a 5-inch height.
Again, they’re self-watering, meaning you only need to add water to their reservoirs. Then, your African violet plants need watering once/twice a week.
The reservoir sits within the internal compartment. So, these planter pots lack inner and outer pots, instead an internal box.
Also, this pot’s design is perfect for retaining nutrients in your African violet plants. That’s because it prevents common nutrient loss, unlike traditional planters.
- They look appealing, and they function well too.
- They create better air movement.
- They’re beautiful and sleek and make African violet plants look fabulous.
- Until your violet plants’ roots reach the reservoir, its self-watering feature is useless.
- Their pot’s plastic material scuffs after some time.
5. Best Small African Violets Pot: MyGift White Ceramic Succulent Planter Pots
- Pair of 4-inch flower planter bowls in with scalloped trim design and attached saucers
- Classic round shape in white ceramic offers versatility for a variety of home decors
- A small hole in the bottom of each planter allows for water to drain to help promote plant life
- Perfectly sized to house succulents, cacti, small flower buds and herbs. **Plants not included.**
- Approximate Dimensions: 3.9 H × 4.3 Diameter; Opening - 4.0 Diameter (in inches)
These MyGift Ceramic pots are perfect for succulents and African violets too. The dimensions of these planters are:
- A 4-inch diameter.
- 4.3 inches deep.
- 3.9 inches high.
They’re rather decorative planter pots as well. So, they go with all decor looks and arrangements. They’re white with scalloped designs at the pots’ top, which match different decor types.
The saucer attaches itself to the pot. Thus, the sauce always stays on the spot you place them. Also, that enhances the planters’ aesthetic appeal.
Further, these planter pots feature a drainage hole at their bottom. With the drain hole:
- The saucer won’t catch excess water.
- The planter won’t overwater your African violet plants.
Moreover, these planter pots come in two packages. That allows you:
- To have several African violet plants in a single pot.
- To have a second African violet that needs potting.
- You can use these planter pots to grow small succulents.
- The washcloth in them is extra soft, but it isn’t absorbent. Thus, making it a great dust cloth.
- They’re delightful since the saucers stick to the planter pots. That makes these saucers immune to breakages and falls.
- Have flawless and smooth finishes.
- Have very narrow spaces between the drip pans and the pots.
- The draining plates barely hold water.
6. Best for water-loving plants: Window Garden Aquaphoric Self-Watering Planter Pot
- Visit our store for GREAT GIFTS! - Click on the blue Window Garden link at top of page*** FOOLPROOF – It’s self watering! The handy water level indicator lets you know when and how much to water your indoor house plants.
- INCLUDES FIBER SOIL – All you need is a plant. Superior growing medium because roots breath better so all plants live longer. Works great for fickle plants like Herbs, African Violets and Succulents.
- LESS WATERING – Watering is reduced to weeks instead of days. Now you can go on vacation and come back home to vibrant, alive plants.
- PLANTS LOVE IT! – The Aquaphoric planter pot supplies constant water and plenty of root zone oxygen, which means lush growth, greater yields, and more flowers.
- EASY & ELEGANT – Grow a lush indoor garden, no green thumb needed. Sleek lines and vibrant colors are sure to compliment any décor. Makes a great gift too!
These Aquaphoric self-watering pots come in different colors. The colors include; yellow, wine, slate, ivory, green, chartreuse, etc.
Since they’ve got different colors, one can find a color that fits in with their decor.
Each option has a matte or glossy finish with a solid color. Thus, you can pick one that matches your decor’s exact color scheme.
Again, as the name sounds, this Garden pot self-waters your African violet plants. Also, it has a water-level indicator. This indicator helps you water your African violets correctly.
With that water level indicator, no over/under watering will happen. Therefore, your soil nor African violets will flood, preventing root rot.
With this system, your African violets will survive without needing frequent watering. After all, their self-watering feature partially takes care of that for you.
Moreover, the pot has an Aquaphoric system. This system maintains the balance between oxygen and water within root zones.
Also, the system has fiber soil (a quart). That helps prepares one for planting after it arrives.
- Easy water monitoring.
- Basil plants love this planter pot’s fiber soil environment.
- Easy to assemble.
- The colored plastic pots are very functional, lightweight, and attractive.
- The instructions never tell you to keep its Styrofoam insert. That’s the floater that helps in gauging water.
7. Best for starter plants: FENGZHITAO Self-Watering Planter Pot
- ※SELF WATERING DESIGN Self watering planter ensures the plants take enough water they need for days, and you don't have to water every day, it can store enough water for a week or more.
- ※CLEVER FLOWER POT Thanks to the double-layer design that allows excess water to be stored in the bottom of this planter pot and provided to your plant as needed.There is a special water injection port for easy water injection and it is not easy to breed flying insects.
- ※SMOOTH GLOSSY AND DURABLE: The planer is made of the nontoxic national standard PP resin material，the pot is durable and sturdy enough to work and uneasy to be broken. It looks smooth and glossy.
- ※STYLISH AND SIMPLE APPEARANCE. It can be used in a variety of environments, whether it is for home, apartment, office, desktop, outdoor or indoor, it will complement your home environment.
- ※Note: Please note that watering the plant can not exceed the inner basket,otherwise it will cause the plant to die of flooding.No plant includes in this item!
This FENGZHITAO planter pot comes in three packages. They’re tiny self-watering planters but perfect planter pots for your violet plants. Moreover, this pot’s size is 4.3 inches, perfect for African violets of that size.
Also, they’ve got a simple but sleek appearance. Therefore, making them fit in perfectly into any of the following:
The good thing is they fit in regardless of the decor. In short, it’s an all-around self-watering planter pot.
Elsewhere, this self-watering planter pot uses internal and external pots. That creates room for more African violet plants. Moreover, the design also boosts the pot’s functionality. The inner pot of this self-watering planter has a 3.14-inch diameter. Its height is 2.75 inches.
The outer pot has a 4.13-inch diameter, 2.33-inch bottom, and 4.33-inch height. So, you can fill the reservoir with moisture, eliminating frequent/daily watering.
The reservoir holds up moisture for up to a week. That perfectly suits Gardeners or homeowners who’ve got a short vacation/work trip.
- These planter pots keep your African violets consistently and evenly moist.
- Their bottom holes are well-sized, allowing the passage of finer substrate materials.
- These planter pots have a modern twist/design. With that twist, you won’t need to lift your violets to see their water levels.
- Filling the tiny holes below the leaves is challenging.
- The Wick that comes with this self-watering planter pot is too thick.
8. Best Transparent Bottom Design: Vanavazon A707 Self-Watering Planter Pot
- Self-watering: These 6 inch self watering planters store water and feed your plant for a week or more, and it's easier to grow,plants need the white cotton rope to absorb water.
- Premium Quality: These african violet pots are made of new plastic material, and it is formaldehyde-free, non-poisonous, heat-and-cold resistant, etc. Features: high-strength and high-tenacity make it quite safe and durable for use.
- Modern Decorative Design: Unique round-visual modern design and high-decorative material will bring you an other comfortable and beatuful veiw such as windowsill, desktop, bedroom, livingroom, garden, outdoor and so on.
- Thanks to the double-layer design that allows excess water to be stored in the bottom of this planter pot and provided to your plant with wick rope.
- Note: Plants Not included!
This Vanavazon self-watering planter pot is eco-friendly. So, I recommend it if you’re looking for a non-toxic planter for your African violets. Moreover, its name tells it all! This planter pot is self-watering.
It being self-watering means no more frequent/daily plant watering. Thus, making planting African violets in planter pots straightforward.
Also, this planter pot features a modern appeal design. This design instantly brightens any place you put the planter pot. Moreover, it has a transparent bottom design, allowing easy water level checkups.
The design is suitable for checking when your violets have low or excess water levels. That helps one avoid overwatering or violets drying out. The good thing is you won’t need to remove the planter’s inner pot.
Elsewhere, this African violet planter pot has a double-layer design. This particular design ensures excess moisture moves to the pot’s bottom. They do so to prevent the soil from taking up the excess water.
That design reduces the chances of overwatering your African violets.
Also, the design lets your violet plants soak water only when need be.
- Practical and aesthetic design.
- Transparent base and window.
- Self-watering feature.
- It comes with a Wicker rope.
- The pot’s two sections are challenging to disassemble.
9. Best Large African violet Pot: DeEFL CY181 Self-Watering Pot
- Self-watering Function: These three packs of 7 inches self watering planters store water and feed your plant for days, and you don’t have to water your plant frequently. The large self watering pots help you to take care of your plants when you leave your home or office for a few days.
- Water Injection Hole: Each of the large black gold self watering planters is featured designed with a water injection hole on the inner plastic pots. You can only water the plant without taking out the inner plastic pots, which is very convenient and time-saving. These lazy flower pots are very safe for your plants.
- Premium Quality: These 7 inches self-watering planters are made of environmental-friendly plant fiber and high-quality plastic materials, which is lightweight and durable. The outer plastic plant pot is designed in black gold color and perfect for modern interior plant decoration.
- Special Design: This 3 packs of large self-watering planter has a unique design that leaves space at the bottom for your plant’s root to breathe. (Take a look at our photos to use these wicking pots successfully).
- Great for Decoration: With fashion and modern design, the beautiful shape of these self-watering planters makes them suitable for home or office decoration. You can use these large plastic self-watering planters for indoor golden devil's ivy, African violets, ocean spider plants, and orchids. These large self-watering pots can save you a lot of time. You can place the plastic plant pots wherever you want to bring fashion black gold to your home or office.
For starters, this DeEFL self-watering pot’s material is top-notch and irresistible. The self-watering planter pot is made of plant fiber and PP plastic material.
Those two materials make this planter pot safe for your African violet plants.
Furthermore, these pots come with stunning metallic shades that look extra elegant/classy. Thus, they fit in almost all spaces.
They’ve got an inner pot that lets you put your favorite African violet plants. Also, they have an outer pot (large) that acts as a self-watering base. That design makes watering your African violet plants convenient.
It’s worth noting that these planter pots never overwater your African violets. Instead, they make them bloom even better.
Furthermore, they’re perfect for Gardeners or homeowners with green thumbs. That’s so since the planter pots come with garden gloves.
These planter pots have water injection holes. The holes water the inner containers without removing them from the pots. Moreover, that makes these African violet planter pots convenient and time-saving.
- They’ve got water injection holes.
- They’re suitable for large and tiny African violet plants.
- They’re ideal for indoor/outdoor use.
- They’re stylish and aesthetic.
- No transparent bases
10. Best Absorbent Dolomite: African Violet Ceramic Pot
- KEEP AFRICAN VIOLETS THRIVING all year round with this self-watering ceramic pot by Atri. This African violet pot is designed to absorb water from the bottom up to the root system. Ceramic indoor planter delivers just enough water to keep soil moist without being soggy. PLANT NOT INCLUDED.
- 2-PIECE SELF-WATERING POT: Center pot holds the plant and is made of absorbent dolomite clay for water absorption to the plant roots. Outer pot is a durable glazed Porcelain that holds the water. OVERALL SIZE: 6.5”W x 4.6”H. CENTER POT OPENING: 4.75”W x 3.25”H.
- African violet pots ceramic for indoor plants help eliminate plant saturation or forgetful underwatering. Simply fill the outer ceramic pot about 1/3 full of water and insert the clay flower pot. The Atri Self-Watering Ceramic Planter for indoor plants ensures nearly fool-proof plant watering.
- PROMOTE PLANT HEALTH with Atri Self-Watering Pots for plants. Watering from the bottom encourages root strength because moisture-loving plants are always growing downward toward the moisture. We recommend using room-temperature water and place pots in bright, indirect light.
- STYLISH AND VERSATILE indoor plant pots complement any room decor and can be used for an array of plants that need consistent root moisture to thrive. African Violets, Baby's Tears, Pothos, Fittonia, Calathea and herbs like Parsley, Rosemary and Mint will benefit from our self-watering ceramic planter pots.
Are you looking for a planter pot that keeps your violets blooming all year round? If so, pick this ceramic self-watering planter pot. They’ve got a high-absorbent dolomite central pot for your plants.
Also, they have an outer pot that’s glazed. This glazed pot helps hold enough moisture for your African violets. Moreover, it would help to fill the glazed pot halfway with room-temperature water. After doing so, you can insert the inner pot.
This Atri self-watering planter pot delivers enough moisture to your soil. That prevents your soil from sogging. Further, this bottom watering feature boosts your violet plants’ root strength. The plant roots growing towards moisture makes that possible.
Also, this Atri ceramic pot is versatile and stylish. Therefore, complementing almost all home decor.
- These ceramic pots look nice and are sturdy.
- They’re straightforward to check and look lovely with flowers in them.
- Your African violets will have enough leaves
- They prevent violet leaves from falling off.
- Works well when repotting your African violet plants.
- They’re utilitarian, blending with different spaces/decors.
- They work well but can crack immediately, causing salt buildups within the cracks.
- In some instances, these planter pots don’t draw moisture correctly.
11. Best Stylish Violet Plant Pot: 4 Pack 6.7″ Self-Watering Pots for Indoor Plants with Water Indicator
- Perfect African Violet Pot: This is a white self watering pots for indoor plants with indicator, which means you can control the waterline easily without drowning your plants. Exactly what you need to keep the soil moist without too soggy.
- Self-watering Pots for Indoor Plants: You don't have to water the plants every day, this large self watering pots for indoor plants can automatically absorb water via the cotton rope to keep the soil moist. You don’t have to worry that the plants dying if You forget to water anymore.
- Easy to Use: This unique design of the self watering planter save your time for watering the plants. Maximum water injection at a time will last 2 weeks. Therefore, your plants will survive well if you are not home for 2 weeks. Never worry about plants dying because of lack of water or overwatering anymore.
- Great Value: These self watering pots with wick for indoor plants are made from premium plastic material, they are lightweight and durable. You will get four 6.7 inch self watering pots for indoor plants at an incredible price.
- Perfect Gift Choice: How easy it is to keep the correct amount of moisture going to the plants by using this white self watering planter and pots. You may fall in love with planting because of this white african violet pot kit. Also, it will be a perfect gift for your plant lover’s family or friends. Note: Please note that watering the plant cannot exceed the inner basket, otherwise it will cause the plant to die of flooding. No plant includes in this item!
Looking for a stylish, self-watering pot that perfectly suits African violets? If so, look no further. This 4-pack, 6.7-inch pot is your best bet! It best suits indoor plants, and it has a moisture indicator.
The indicator helps you know when the pots have low/high water levels. So if the moisture levels are low, you’ll need to refill and vice-versa. Moreover, they’ll keep your violets hydrated and healthy without stressing about overwatering your violets.
The inbuilt moisture indicator lets you know when the pots need watering or not. So, with that, you’ll keep your African violets on regular water schedules.
Further, these pots are made of premium plastic material, durable and lightweight. That makes them value for money.
- They’ve got strings and water windows instead of wet feet.
- They’re well-sized, and their Wicking works fine.
- You can grow your African violets in your garden window with them.
- Their water windows let you see the moisture levels.
- They’re perfect for Leca beginners.
- They’ve got stylish Wicking systems with cache pots.
- With these pots, your African violet plants may stay extra wet than they should. That still happens even when moisture levels are of the right height.
12. Best High-Quality Polypropylene: Self-Watering Planters for Indoor Plants
- GS Garden self watering planters are made of high-quality polypropylene, almost unbreakable. You don't have to worry about it breaking and leaking in your home. Our pot colors are long-lasting, vibrant colors that are more resistant the direct sunlight, available in a wide variety of colors (more colors will be available soon).
- Many self-watering pots do not have any drainage system, which can quickly lead to root rot. GS Garden's pot set has a unique support design that separates the plant's roots from the water storage layer, and promotes root growth and development through the micro-pores at the bottom of the inner, thereby creating root oxygen circulation.
- With the water storage function of GS Garden pots, user no need to water for about 2 weeks (location and climate dependent)! The planter also includes a water level indicator to let you know exactly when to add water. The special water inlet design keeps the soil surface dry, will not rot the soil to produce odor and attract insects, and avoid soil collapse caused by top watering, resulting in excessive soil hardening. The root system can grow well in loose soil. Ideal for home and office.
- GS Garden african violet pots function efficiently, taking care of your plants even when you can't. Self watering pots can help you keep your plants happy and thriving, even with your busy schedule. As a users, we are well aware of the joy and beauty that plants bring to the family. Self watering plant pot are specially designed planters for home gardening and modern decor. Suitable for all outdoor plants, herbs in kitchen, bedroom, study room, office, windowsill, balcony, garden, etc.
- GS Garden care about your experience and feelings, if you are not completely satisfied with our self watering planters for indoor and outdoor plants, please contact us directly via Amazon. We are always there for our customer.
Self-watering pots are the best method to keep your violets hydrated and healthy. And that’s even when one is too busy to water the African violets. These planter pots have inbuild reservoirs that release moisture to the roots.
The pots water the violet roots slowly when need be. So, you won’t need to stress out because of overwatering/underwatering your violets. Moreover, these Gs self-watering planters are made of polypropylene (high-quality).
The high-quality polypropylene materials are leak-resistant and durable. So, your African violets will continuously bloom and remain hydrated. Further, these planter pots have internal plant supports. The particular supports have legs that lift your violets out of water.
Moreover, that feature:
- It prevents your African violets from remaining in stagnant moisture pools.
- It promotes root development and growth. The pots do so via ventilation holes within the floor of the inner pot.
- The poots look appealing.
- A stick drops down when your violets use up water. That helps you know when your African violet plants need watering.
- The moisture won’t reach anywhere near your violets’ leaves.
- It has a Very sturdy, two-part system.
- Their inner pots for African violets fit the watering pot perfectly.
- They have limited color options.
13. Best UV-Stabilized: DecoPots 3 Pack Self-Watering Planters
- SELF WATERING PLANTERS - SET OF 3: You don't need to water your plants every day but just 1-2 time per week, effectively save your precious time.
- SPECIAL DESIGN: Height: 9.8", Diameter: 12.6", Bottom Diameter 8.5", Capacity: 4 Gallons. This self-watering plant planter has a unique design that keeps insects away from your water and prevents them from getting inside.
- HEALTHY ROOTS: BPA FREE. The water doesn't stagnate thus keeping the plants roots healthy
- FAST GROWTH: Our pot system enables optimal air circulation in the plant roots
- GREAT FOR DECORATION: The beautiful shape and design of these self-watering planters / flower pot makes them suitable for home or office decoration.
Are you looking for a self-watering planter that can stand UV rays? If so, these Decopots do that and more. That’s so since they’re made of UV-stabilized plastic material. Therefore, they’re perfect for growing African violets outdoors in the sun.
Also, these self-watering Decopots are of different colors, providing you with wider options. Then again, they’ve got a moisture-level indicator that boosts convenience. That eliminates the need to disassemble them when trying to check water levels.
With these self-watering Decopots:
- You’ll see fewer gnats because of their efficient drainage.
- Access to the moisture reservoir will never block.
- Their adequate air circulation makes your violet roots grow healthy and strong.
After topping your violets with water, the excess moisture drains into their reservoir. After that, your African violets will absorb it for around four weeks. They’ll absorb the moisture via the dual wicks.
I recommend Decopots to Gardeners wanting to replant their root-bound African violets. That’s so since:
- They’re easy to use.
- They’re self-watering pots.
- They make the violet’s root systems thrive within weeks.
- They are made of UV-stabilized plastic material.
- They have an inbuilt water level indicator.
- The reservoir retains moisture for up to four weeks.
- It’s self-watering.
- Have very nice and shiny pots.
- They’ve got inner liners that let excess moisture drain within the pot.
- Removing the inner pot is challenging.
Best African Violet Pots Comparison Table.
Best African Violet Pots Buying Guide
It would help to know what to look for in an African violet pot. So, if you don’t know the exact starting point, read on!
This guide section breaks down two features you should look for in African violet pots.
Self-watering African violet pots
The self-watering feature is the most valuable part of a planter pot. That’s because the feature helps water your violet plants when you can’t. Thus, you won’t need to do frequent manual watering.
In matters of planter pot materials, the options are few. That includes primarily ceramic and plastic pots for African violet plants.
I recommend picking plastic African violet pots since they’ve got several advantages. For example, the planter pot type isn’t fragile as the ceramic type.
Best Type of Pots for African Violets
Well-established and mature African violet plants can flourish well in self-watering pots. But, using self-watering planter pots isn’t necessary for African violet plants. I say this since this plant type can push through when the soil dries out between waterings.
Plastic pots for African violets
Plastic pots for African violets are durable and prevent your soil from drying quickly. Also, they come in different sizes. So, you find or pick one that suits your African violets’ sizes.
And that’s regardless of if you’ve got the following varieties:
- A miniature
- A semi-miniature
- A standard
- A large one
In most cases, ceramic pots look fabulous and attractive. But finding perfect ceramic pot sizes for your violet plants takes a lot of work.
Then again, for some reason, some ceramic pots don’t have drainage holes.
You can use a clay pot to grow your favorite African violet plants. But this pot isn’t the first recommendation. That’s because they let your soil dry faster. Thus, you’ll need to monitor your African violets often when using this pot type.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Self-Watering Pots for African Violets
1) Healthy Plant
A self-watering pot helps supply the proper water to your African violet plants. When these planter pots do that, they prevent overwatering or drought. Also, suitable water levels keep your African violets blooming without:
- Discoloration of leaves.
- Fungal problems.
2) Save Water
Self-watering pots water your African violet plants only when they need to. That’s unlike when you water the African violets yourself. I say so because when watering, some moisture evaporates into the air.
3) Ease Out
With these planter pots, interval checking your violet plants isn’t necessary. That’s because they water your plants as per what they need. Moreover, that makes your violets bloom while making your life easier.
1) Bad for Outdoors
Gardeners or homeowners usually grow African violet plants indoors. But others prefer planting them outdoors.
The outdoor temperature sometimes fluctuates because of high humidity conditions or rain. Unfortunately, that leads to the pots overwatering due to trapped moisture. Because of that, your African violet plants may absorb excess water, causing death.
2) Non-economical and Expensive
Another major challenge with self watering pots is the pricing. Unlike ordinary planter pots, self-watering pots are pretty expensive. And when buying them initially, you feel like you’re paying a higher price. But in the long run, you’ll save lots of water.
3) Algae and Fungus
Most of us lose track of cleaning the planter pots’ reservoirs because of our busy schedules. So, dirty moisture may accumulate for more than a month. And if that happens, fungus and algae may creep up.
4) Mosquitoes Breeding
Due to favorable insect conditions, these pots create the perfect hub for mosquitoes.
Things to Remember While Using Self-Watering Pots
1. Water Correctly
- Despite having a tight schedule, it would help to refill your planter pots once a week.
- Never overwater the planter pot too.
- Refrain from drying your African violet self-watering container completely.
2. Natural Composts over Fertilizers
- Add well-matured compost rather than time-release fertilizers or liquid.
- It would help to use homemade compost. The compost should include ginger covers, garlic, potato skins, or banana peels.
- Salts can build up within your African violet pot because of unsuitable fertilizers. Moreover, the salt buildup can dehydrate your African violet plants faster.
3. Check Your Reservoir Regularly
- It would be best if you didn’t leave your violet pot’s reservoir overflowing or completely dry.
- Check if the moisture is clean or otherwise. I say so since fungus, dirt, algae, and insect infestation may come up.
4. Maintainance and Cleaning Self Watering Pots
Clean the Pot
Clean your African violet pot once a year. That’s because the plant roots will move towards the water reservoir. But don’t worry! You can clean your African violet planter pots using the following:
- A rag
- A towel
Change the Pot
It would help to change your planter pot’s size once your violet plants grow. Otherwise, the plants may cram up within the small planter pot. Unfortunately, that negatively affects your African violet plants.
Maintenance in Winter Season
It would help to keep your African violet pot indoors when it’s chilly outside. Doing so prevents moisture from freezing within the reservoir.
5 TYPES OF POTS TO AVOID FOR African Violet
When planting African violets, there are certain types of planter pots that you should avoid. Here are some of the worst types of African violet planter pots to steer clear of, along with the reasons why:
- Un-glazed terra cotta pots: While terra cotta pots are a popular choice for many plants, they are not ideal for African violets. Un-glazed terra cotta pots are porous, which means that they absorb water and can lead to over-watering and root rot. Additionally, the un-glazed surface of the pot can scratch and damage the delicate leaves of African violets.
- Metal pots: Metal pots can get very hot in direct sunlight, which can damage the roots of African violets. Additionally, metal pots can rust, which can lead to contamination of the soil.
- Small pots: African violets need room to grow, so planting them in small pots can be detrimental to their health. They should be planted in pots that are at least 4 inches in diameter.
- Deep pots: African violets have shallow root systems, so planting them in deep pots can be problematic. They need shallow pots that are no more than 4-5 inches deep.
- Plastic pots without drainage holes: African violets require well-draining soil, so planting them in plastic pots without drainage holes can lead to waterlogged soil and root rot. Make sure that any plastic pots you use have drainage holes in the bottom.
Do African Violets Need Special Pots?
African violet plants don’t need unique planter pots. Even though that’s true, African violets are among the best plants for self watering pots. For the best results, plant them in small ceramic or plastic self watering containers to provide the proper amount of continuous moisture to the plants.
What Types of Pots Are Best for African Violets?
Different factors matter when it comes to matters of the best pots for African pots. For example, ceramic or plastic pots are the best pick for African violets. But on the other side, most people dislike clay pots.
Also, it would help if you considered extra features a planner pot may have. The features should make growing African violet plants simpler.
Are Self-Watering Pots Good for African Violets?
Yes, self-watering plant pots are good for African Violets. These planter pots make your Gardening life simpler. Moreover, they’ll save you energy and time.
That’s because they help disperse moisture to your violets without your supervision.
How Often Do African Violets Need to Be Watered?
African violet plants need to be watered semi-frequently to prevent them from dying. But at the same time, watering these violets frequently waterlogs them.
New England Today recommends simple touch methods to check if your violets need watering. So, if the soil feels dry, then it’s for watering them.
Do African Violets Do Well In Clay Pots?
From the African Violet Society of America (AVSA), most Gardeners don’t like clay pots. Instead, they prefer ceramic or plastic pots. Thus, African violet plants don’t do well in clay pots.
For one, these clay pots over-evaporate excessively. That negatively affects your African violets’ watering schedule.
Also, clay pots are prone to mineral deposits faster than ceramic/plastic pots. The deposits accumulate around roots, threatening your violet’s livelihood.
When Should You Re-Pot African Violets?
It would help to repot your African violet plants semi-annually. Well, that’s from Optimara Violets. Moreover, replanting your violet plants twice a year is a popular recommendation.
At the bare minimum, repot your violets when the roots start bounding. When they do so, it means they’ve outgrown the current violet pot size.
What Are Some of the Best Plants to Grow in Self-watering Pots?
The best plants for self-watering pots are those that prefer consistently moist soil, such as ferns, peace lilies, African violets, and spider plants. Herbs like mint, oregano, and basil also thrive in self-watering pots. However, plants that require well-draining soil or are sensitive to overwatering should be avoided in self-watering pots.
Final Thoughts on the Best Pots for African Violets
In our best African Violet planter pots review, we’ve picked the Mkono pots. We’ve done so since it doubles up as a flower pot. So, It isn’t meant for growing African violets only.
Also, they’ve got an outer shell that holds moisture which they dispense later on to your plants. At the same time, they come with a Wick rope for distributing water slowly.
Our runner-up is the Decopots. They’re made of UV-stabilized plastic material. Therefore, they’re perfect for growing African violets outdoors in the sun. Also, they’ve got dual Wicks for efficient moisture absorption.
All said, let us know the African violet pots you’ve picked.